Just 10 days before the official Iowa Caucuses, why not warm up with a practice session just for fun? Guests can participate in a mock caucus to choose their favorite Iowa Entertainer. Plus, they can explore the museum’s "First in the Nation" exhibit, take a tour of the C-SPAN Bus, see a sampling of historic campaign buttons and even make a few of their own with exclusive designs from Iowa artist Laura Palmer.
*And the first 50 people to visit the C-SPAN Bus will receive free admission to History on the Rocks, courtesy of Mediacom and C-SPAN.*
Thursday, Jan. 23, 2019
State Historical Museum of Iowa
- Explore the museum's "First in the Nation" exhibit that includes a photo station with candidate selfie sticks
- Hop on the C-SPAN Bus and get a free hot chocolate, cookies and swag
- Make your own exclusive caucus buttons with designs by Iowa artist Laura Palmer
- Caucus for your favorite Iowa Entertainer
- Chow down at the Nacho-First-Choice Candidate Bar
- Try some tasty CōZY Beer from West O Beer in Milford, IA, courtesy of Doll Distributing; and a cash bar
- Check out a pop-up display of women’s suffrage museum objects & a women’s suffrage mini-exhibit with and 19th Amendment banner from Iowa Secretary of State office
- Admission is $5 at the door, and free with current college ID and for the first 50 people to visit the C-Span Bus at the museum.