Veridian Credit Union and the Iowa Credit Union League commissioned award-winning artist, Gary Kelley, to produce artwork for a 2020 wall calendar. Kelley, an Iowa native who resides in Cedar Falls, created custom illustrations featuring prominent Iowa women throughout history. The calendars are now available at any of the 27 Veridian Credit Union branch locations.
Iowa Women featured in the calendar include:
- Jessie Field Shambaugh - Educator and Mother of 4-H.
- Ann Landers and Abigail Van Buren - Advice columnists and twin sisters born in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Arabella “Belle” Mansfield - First woman to pass the bar exam and become an attorney in the United States; Born in Des Moines County, Iowa.
- Willie Stevenson Glanton - First African American female elected to the Iowa House of Representatives (1965-1966).
- Jean Morgan Wanatee - Women's rights activist and first women elected to the Meskwaki Tribal Council; Born in Tama, Iowa.
- Female performers for the Ringling Brothers Circus - Women were on equal footing with men in the circus and paid the same, or sometimes more, than male performers.
- Doreen Wilber - Archer and first Iowa woman to bring home a gold medal (Munich 1972).
- Corita Kent - Nun, activist and silkscreen pop artist.
- Elizabeth Catlett - Graphic artist and sculptor whose art depicts the experience of African American women in the 20th century.
- Carrie Chapman Catt - Suffragist and founder of the League of Women Voters.
- Donna Reed - Oscar-winning actress; born in Denison, Iowa.
- Edna Griffin - Activist known as “The Rosa Parks of Iowa,” who led boycotts and sit-ins at Katz Drug Store, Des Moines.
Lead Organizer(s): Sarah Corkery, Veridian Credit Union